One great part of using Exchange is the support for most modern devices, including Android, iOS, Windows Phone, and Blackberry – in this case, Office 365 on Windows Phone 8. Office 365 is very simple to set up on Windows Phone 8 and the following guide will demonstrate how.
Before beginning you need to be armed with 2 pieces of information:
- Your email address – this will be something like firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your Password
Office 365 login to Outlook Web App first
I like to test my account info using Outlook Web App first then I know that I have the information correct and I can rule that out as an issue if it doesn’t work first time – it’s very common for typos on the phone or password miscommunication to cause issues connecting. Go to mail.office365.com and test signing in with your credentials. If it signs in you now know you have the right information.
Setup Office 365 on Windows Phone 8
1) Enter the “settings” menu.
2) Tape “Add an Account” and then choose “Outlook”.
3) Enter your email address and password, then hit “sign in”.
4) Because this is a Microsoft Phone signing into a Microsoft platform, you should be all done and ready to enjoy your email now!
Call to Action – Help us Help More People
If you found this article helpful please make a comment or share us with your community clicking on the share links below.
Also check out these other device articles: