When you set up a directory synchronization between a local active directory and Office 365, the sync runs immediately. After that, it runs automatically every three hours. However, there are many cases where you may want to do a manual dirsync of the directories immediately, especially while setting up and testing the system. The first way to […]
Recently I was trying to run some commands in office 365 powershell that involved get-distributionlist, set-distributionlist, get-mailbox, setmail-box, etc… commands. I found that these commands were not even registering as commands – it would throw back the error that says: “The term ‘get-mailbox’ is not recognized as the name of…”. I had logged in the […]
Now I don’t want to sound alarmist with my title, so please don’t freak out. I merely wish to point out an important consideration when choosing an Office 365 plan for business use. As a recap here is my Office 365 Business plan decision tree that will help you select the plan you need (click on the image to […]
By default, office 365 passwords are set to expire after a certain period of time. This can be exasperating, especially in large organizations or in situations when people never use outlook web access (which is where the password expiration notices and resets take place). Luckily, it is easy enough to manage this for individual users […]
Office365 has a relatively simple method for deleting users using the management page, which most people are already familiar with. However, what not everyone knows is that office365 has a recycle bin of sorts, where you can recover deleted users for 30 days after deletion. You can access this by clicking on the “users” tab […]
The main user management page of office 365 is very simple and easy to use. However, you may have noticed that it has a pretty serious shortage of options and settings. A common task is to add multiple email addresses to be directed at a single office 365 user, but it isn’t obvious right off […]
Active Directory federation services with office 365 is a feature that allows the Active Directory of an organization to be synced up with the exchange directory in Office 365 and allows for single sign on to email. There are two main components to this – dirsync and federation. Active Directory Synchronization Dirsync is the part […]
Office 365 has basic administration tools in its web portal, but when it comes to doing anything much fancier than creating a user and editing some basic details, you will often find yourself having to use office 365 powershell. There are a vast amount of functions you can perform with powershell and many of them […]
Interesting developments this week concerning Google Apps, the dropping of free support for Google Sync and Microsoft’s extension of it’s Office 365 for Small Business trial. Now that Google has started charging for Google Apps for Small Business (see here), it would appear that Microsoft has seized on the opportunity to loosen Google’s grip on the small […]
This post covers the basic information on how to add licenses to Office 365 and more importantly how to remove licenses in Office 365 when you either have an employee leave or perhaps you bought too many when you initially set up your plan. Office 365 – Add Licenses First off, its very easy to […]
- Office 2013 vs Office 365 Subscription – Which to Get? August 8, 2013
- Finally Microsoft Release Office Mobile for iPhone June 17, 2013
- Office 365 Migration Procedure May 20, 2013
- How to Setup Office 365 Public Folders May 13, 2013
- Shared namespace in Office 365 Feb 27th Release March 29, 2013
- The Basics of Office 365 Powershell December 20, 2012
- What is Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) with Office 365? January 3, 2013
- Setting up Office 365 ADFS 2.0 (Active Directory Federation Services) and Dirsync January 18, 2013
- 4 Things to consider when choosing an Office 365 Plan January 4, 2013
- Choosing an Office 365 plan January 22, 2013
- John D: How do you do this with Office 365 Small Business ...
- banlin mithra: With Exchange Migration it is possible to simply m...
- Change a Mailbox Type in Office 365 - Office 365 for BusinessOffice 365 for Business: [...] [...]...
- How To Setup A Certificate for Office 365 - Office 365 for BusinessOffice 365 for Business: [...] How do I set up ADFS with Office 365? [...]...
- How To Setup A Certificate for Office 365 - Office 365 for BusinessOffice 365 for Business: [...] What is ADFS with Office 365? [...]...