Public folders were a prime function of Exchange 2003, but were slowly deemphasized over the years. On the newest version of Office 365 public folders make a prominent appearance on the Exchange administrator ECP page. Public folders are a way to allow all exchange users in the company to share and view items. Once configured, […]
Archive | Tips and Tricks RSS feed for this section
When using Dirsync between your Active Directory and Office 365, it is very useful to be able to use a custom User Principle Name (UPN) so that you can use your email address for sign ins on both sides (rather than having a separate username for Active Directory). In fact, if you are going to […]
It can be tricky initially to setup Office 365 with Outlook, but it is very useful to have your email, contacts, calendar, and tasks all stored outside of Outlook Web Access. While web apps are getting better, they still aren’t up to par with a dedicated program like Outlook. The minimum requirements for Office 365 […]
Office 365 distribution groups are a very useful tool. They allow you to have an email address without having an actual mailbox for it, and thus not using up an Office 365 license. Instead emails that go through an Office 365 Distribution Group get distributed to the users of the group and can be filtered […]
There are all kinds of ways to set “rules” for your email (with most email providers), especially from within Microsoft Outlook. However, since we deal mostly with Office 365 on this site, I’m going to explain how to setup some custom Office 365 rules for both individuals and entire organizations from within the web portal. […]
In Office 365 (or Exchange for that matter) a mailbox can be of 4 distinct types and this article shows you how to change a mailbox type in Office 365. Here are the 4 permitted types: Regular – that is a normal mailbox that most users have for day to day email Room – a […]
A very basic setup of Office 365 usually doesn’t require certificates since all of the servers and externally facing components are on Microsoft’s end. However, there are two major cases where a certificate for Office 365 is going to be required: ADFS and Office 365 Hybrid Exchange Configuration. Since ADFS is a useful and commonly […]
When you begin a migration you may require to set mailbox forwarding in Office 365 so that all email that gets sent to the mailbox hosted on Office 365 goes somewhere else. Maybe an on-premise server or some other alternative. Two ways to set mailbox forwarding in Office 365 There are two ways to do […]
The ability to perform an Office 365 remote wipe on your phone or tablet is a vital part of security to any organization, large or small, that uses Office 365. As smartphones become smarter and smarter, it becomes easier to access more and more of your data on the go. While this is hugely convenient […]
There are a few different methods for logging into federated Office 365. It can vary slightly from a normal login, but for the most part it should be pretty similar. Notes on Logging into Federated Office 365 Web App Using Firefox, Chrome, or Safari To log into the Office 365 web portal off a federated […]
- Office 2013 vs Office 365 Subscription – Which to Get? August 8, 2013
- Finally Microsoft Release Office Mobile for iPhone June 17, 2013
- Office 365 Migration Procedure May 20, 2013
- How to Setup Office 365 Public Folders May 13, 2013
- Shared namespace in Office 365 Feb 27th Release March 29, 2013
- The Basics of Office 365 Powershell December 20, 2012
- What is Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) with Office 365? January 3, 2013
- Setting up Office 365 ADFS 2.0 (Active Directory Federation Services) and Dirsync January 18, 2013
- 4 Things to consider when choosing an Office 365 Plan January 4, 2013
- Choosing an Office 365 plan January 22, 2013
- John D: How do you do this with Office 365 Small Business ...
- banlin mithra: With Exchange Migration it is possible to simply m...
- Change a Mailbox Type in Office 365 - Office 365 for BusinessOffice 365 for Business: [...] [...]...
- How To Setup A Certificate for Office 365 - Office 365 for BusinessOffice 365 for Business: [...] How do I set up ADFS with Office 365? [...]...
- How To Setup A Certificate for Office 365 - Office 365 for BusinessOffice 365 for Business: [...] What is ADFS with Office 365? [...]...